Dr. Iain M. Morrison was succeeded by his son Dr. Ru Morrison on December 11, 2010. We’ll publish more info about the new chief when it is available to us.
Dr. Iain M. Morrison
Dr. Iain M. Morrison assumed the Chief’s mantle on June 12th, 1974.
In 1965 the Lord Lyon (the chief herald of Scotland) formally recognized Iain’s father, “Dr. John Morrison”; Chief of the “Clan and name of Morrison”. His lineage could be traced back thirteen generations to the Morrisons of Harris, the hereditary keepers of the Dun of Pabbay.
Dr. Iain Morrison was born in 1938; he attended public school in Cheltenham and obtained his medical training at St. Thomas’ Hospital (University of London). His family home, Ruchdi, is located in North Uist between Clachan Sands and Trumisgarry. Directly across from it is the small island of Ruchdi-Pabbay (from which his motto derives).
The Morrison stronghold of Dun Eistein was purchased by the Clan Morrison Society (est. 1909) from a London property company and ownership was transferred to Dr. John Morrison.